Long sponge urchin turning dark purple

  • Thread starter Thread starter keddre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

keddre

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
985
Reaction score
577
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I got my urchin a month or two ago, he was all black with the blue spots, like normal. However, after a few weeks he picked up a purple hue but I wasn't worried as it was likely just him making his poisons, but now he has picked up more and more of this purple to the point where I'm wondering if this is normal. Thanks.

1E23AC38-E6BA-4C46-8204-82626EBBE1A2.jpeg
 
If he's eating, acting normal, and not shedding spines, that's a good indication he's ok. Could it just be coralline? It's not that uncommon.
He is acting normal; however, I'm pretty certain it's not coralline
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new