Long Tentacle coming from my toad stool

MR_Clownfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I noticed last night that there's 2 long tentacles coming out of my toad stool. It's about 6 inches and has half inch feathery spines. It's very fine and retracts when it touches a fish. I checked and it is directly coming from the side of the top. Anyone else know this? and are they venomous or bad to other corals? I looked it up and found an old thread on another forum about it. Don't have a picture of it and only comes out at night...:squigglemouth:
 
Ctenophores aka Comb Jelly, not particularly common but I have almost always seen them on leathers no other coral types. Just google images of "Comb Jelly on leather corals".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new