Long term success with Kessil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Comer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mr. Comer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
Katy, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to see if anyone has had long term success (2+ years) only using Kessil to grow softies/zoas/lps.

I've had a pair Kessil a350w for almost two years with no growth in my corals (water parameters/flow are dead on). I love the color and shimmer of the Kessil but not the growth. I've added a ATI C+ and B+ a month ago and everything is now growing. What's been your experience?
 
I am not a fan of the kessels.They look too blue and I noticed many corals would not grow well with them.Although my last experience with them was over 5 years ago so perhaps the product has improved some.
 
It's nice to see another PNWMAS member. I'm was born and raised in Salem and just moved to Texas two years ago. I know Garrett has a360we's now in his shop and likes them. But he just switched. I've noticed a lot of new tanks with the Kessils but I would like to see some who has used them for more than 2 years with good growth.
 
My stylo has doubled in size in 3-4 months under a Kessil A160WE. My hammer has not grown at all. Zoas, palys, GSP and Xenia growing quite well. I'm setting up a bigger tank and bought two A360WE for it...we will see what happens.
 
I'm running an experiment. One side of my tank is just T5 and the other is the kessil with T5. I also have a second tank with just the kessil. I've fragged a several softies/lps and am running each frag under the different lights. Time will tell....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new