Long Thin Antennae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bear22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
597
Reaction score
448
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

I have a hitchhiker with long thin kind of forward facing antennai (approximately 3-4 antenna) emanating from the sand bed.. The antennai are about 2-3 inches, whitish, with very faint tan colored bands. I've tried to get a pic, but my phone nor mirrorless can get a focus. Not even a manual focus..

Any ideas what this hitchhiker might be?
 
Sometimes even a blurry pic is better than no picture. Make sure the blue lights of your fixture are turned down so the light is white/neutral and then try to snap one or two pictures with different focus points when possible.

Have you tried catching it? (Please don't use your bare hands as we don't know what it is 😅)
Do the antennae move?
What exactly is "forward facing" in this case? If the antannae come out of the sand, I would say that sounds like the antannae are directed upwards towards the water surface, is that correct? Or are they directed in parallel with the sand bed?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new