Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

laura c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@laura c, post your videos of your tank in the members tanks forum here! We would love to follow you!
upload_2018-7-22_0-35-1.png

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to say I am completely overwhelmed by the warm welcome. This can be such an intimidating hobby to start with, but i think we can all agree that we’ve seen some pretty brutal replies on various Internet forums when “newbies” ask questions that some of us take for granted. Or even the elitist vibe some of the shops give off to “outsiders”. Hats off on an amazing response from a welcoming community of aquarists, class act all around!

Welcome to R2R!!! You are in good hands here! I have NEVER seen anyone ask a question of any type and get brow beat on this forum. This is a great place to ask any question on any topic. Do not be afraid to ask questions, these people are here to help you succeed!

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t figure out how to get my videos to post hmm
I had the same issue, I'm not sure how you tried to load it, but if you save it to you tube they easily load with a link it provides.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Here's a pic from one of my favorite articles on reefkeeping, applicable to new hobbyists and old as well:

eb_reef.jpg

The nitrogen cycle is only the startup of a SW tank cycle. The next 6-12 months is a maturing phase, and it's typically in this time frame where algae outbreaks occur and things can sort of roller-coaster, and if you stock the tank up too quickly, you might see corals randomly dying & fish getting sick, etc...hobbyists can very easily fall into the trap of chasing problems = making more problems => giving up and selling everything off. We don't want that to happen to anyone!

Long-term stability and balance are the keys, and you just can't shortcut the process significantly. That's always the #1 thing to keep in mind!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back