Long Time Hobbyist, finally broke the bank

HeikeganiGhostCrab93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow aquarists,

I finally broke the bank on a nano setup, 15 gallon Innovative Marine All-In-One
I have always used Seachem Hang-On-Back filters with lots of success. I finally abandoned the HOB life (surprisingly saddening) and stepped my game up.

I bought those Hanna Instruments chemreaders, for phosphate and nitrate
- Fluval MiniSkimmer
- AI Nero3
- (2) AI Blade lights (Coral Grow models)
- Stock Return Pump that came with the tank (130gph I think, I can't remember)
- 10% water changes once-twice a week

Live stock
(2) zoa colony rocks
1 piece of quality live rock, 2 pieces of dry rock
(2) Longfin Mocha Storm oscellaris from Sustainable Aquatics shipped from Tennessee, shipped to my retail guy here ( https://sustainableaquatics.com/ )
(8) Trochus snails
(12) nassarius snails (overkill? I just love them..)
(1) small, mild-tempered peppermint shrimp
(2) small aztec-y looking hermits

Just added a baseball sized Black Widow BTA and a small Colorado Sunburst-y looking BTA, I forget what the "flavor" was at the store, but whatever, regardless it is a beauty of a green/orange/red BTA, about the size of a golf ball.

Just looking for connections if I ever run into any concerns. I'm not adding anything at all probably for the rest of the year. It has been running since January, no problems so far.
When will the clowns start messing around with the anemones? They are both hiding in awkward spots, probably just adjusting to a new tank I hope? Sucks when you buy awesome nems then they just hide on you :(

-Tim B.
Staten Island, NY (moving to Cape Cod, MA in a few weeks (active duty Coast Guard) and I am breaking down the tank and it is all coming with me, going to be very frustrating but not my first rodeo with a breakdown..)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
HeikeganiGhostCrab93

HeikeganiGhostCrab93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow aquarists,

I finally broke the bank on a nano setup, 15 gallon Innovative Marine All-In-One
I have always used Seachem Hang-On-Back filters with lots of success. I finally abandoned the HOB life (surprisingly saddening) and stepped my game up.

- Fluval MiniSkimmer
- AI Nero3

Live stock
(2) zoa colony rocks
(2) Longfin Mocha Storm oscellaris from Sustainable Aquatics shipped from Tennessee, shipped to my retail guy here ( https://sustainableaquatics.com/ )
(8) Trochus snails

Just added a baseball sized Black Widow BTA and a small Colorado Sunburst-y looking BTA, I forget what the "flavor" was at the store, but whatever, regardless it is a beauty of a green/orange/red BTA, about the size of a golf ball.

Just looking for connections if I ever run into any concerns. I'm not adding anything at all probably for the rest of the year. It has been running since January, no problems so far.
When will the clowns start messing around with the anemones? They are both hiding in awkward spots, probably just adjusting to a new tank I hope? Sucks when you buy awesome nems then they just hide on you :(

-Tim B.
Staten Island, NY (moving to Cape Cod, MA in a few weeks (active duty Coast Guard) and I am breaking down the tank and it is all coming with me, going to be very frustrating but not my first rodeo with a breakdown..)
Forgot to add, special grade live sand, the large micron size one.
Also running a Tunze 3155 ATO

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

YReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow aquarists,

- Fluval MiniSkimmer
- AI Nero3

Live stock
(2) zoa colony rocks
(8) Trochus snails

-Tim B.
welcome aboard

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 81 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back