LongFin Black Ice Clownfish

Tom Boyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
So a buddy of mine had a pair of long fin black ice clownfish, but then the male died. He must have lost interest because he offered the female to me for free. Anyway, I'm curious if I could end up pairing the female up with a regular black ice clownfish and get them to breed. The female is a couple years old but i'm not sure if she would pair up with a different type of clownfish and if they could even breed. My buddy said the male and female never bred before the male died. Thank you!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all!
So a buddy of mine had a pair of long fin black ice clownfish, but then the male died. He must have lost interest because he offered the female to me for free. Anyway, I'm curious if I could end up pairing the female up with a regular black ice clownfish and get them to breed. The female is a couple years old but i'm not sure if she would pair up with a different type of clownfish and if they could even breed. My buddy said the male and female never bred before the male died. Thank you!!

Tom - sorry for the late reply. The answer is yes, you can mix any A. ocellaris with the longfin black ice clown for breeding. Good luck!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back