• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Lonnie Review -- Confused or Scammer.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Manners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently looking to trade my AquaIllumination Prime HD for another LED fixture that would be better fitting for my new tank.

Username -- Lonnie PM'd me with an offer to trade me a non-HD Aqua Illumination Hydra 52. We talked over details, what shipping company we'd use etc, and came to a deal. Even trade, we'd both ship through USPS, and everything should have been good.

Well today I got the light, and at first I wasn't very concerned besides that I just needed to have her remove the AI Director from her account, because I wasn't able to control it otherwise. Then I started looking at the light closer, and quickly realized it was an AI Hydra, not a 52. I quickly wrote her about it, confused obviously. And she still, swears it is a 52, and that's what her local fish store sold it to her as.

Well, the back of the light clearly says AI Hydra (no 52), and the big indicator that I should have just simply asked to seen via pictures, is there's not 52 LED's. My mistake, but I guess my trusting nature got the best of me.

I've asked her to just swap lights back, because the light she sent me is a definitive downgrade as the lenses on this fixture are awful, and the Prime, even though not large enough, still was more visually appealing.

She has no interest in swapping the lights back clearly, and says at this point I'm just "nip picking" and she's "done" trying to help me. The issue is, she never really helped and all she did was send me the wrong light. She's either confused, the LFS lied to her, or she's just a scammer.

Any moderators have any kind of recommendation on what I should do here? There was no payment or anything involved so I can't do a paypal or credit card claim.

Any help would be appreciated.

y4SxAmX.jpg

mWfNeGz.jpg

Lonnie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bogus all information was given. Before. Even gave user id and password to help. It wasn't appeling to him. This Is the problem and I've been going to my local fish store for yrs and they have always treated me correctly.

OP
OP
M

Manners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you understand, that you offered me a light but sent me something different.

l3ENZFZ.jpg

I just want my light back, because you sent me something different than what you offered, which isn't holding your part of the deal.

Grey Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though that was a terrible transaction use this as a learning experience for yourself. I appreciate the effort you made by posting this and sharing your story. Hopefully it will stop someone else from being burned on a deal. As a rule of thumb for new sellers without a prior sales history always ask for pics of the product with their user tag and the current date included in the photo. If they don’t wish to accommodate your request move on and steer clear!!

OP
OP
M

Manners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a Hydra 52 or 52 HD (both of which have four, 13 LED pucks), it is a Hydra.

This is what I was trying to get her to understand, she offered a 52, and this isn't. But alas, she's convinced so I guess I'll be screwed and scammed, good times, lol.

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is what I was trying to get her to understand, she offered a 52, and this isn't. But alas, she's convinced so I guess I'll be screwed and scammed, good times, lol.

That’s horrible and I’m sorry you have to go through that. If people would just be honest we wouldn’t have these issues. I’m more than sure she knew what she was doing and isn’t confused about the light . We all research especially when it comes to lighting. This hobby is all about researching!!!! Scammer [emoji1361]

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that you are going through a bad experience. Trust me I am currently going through one as well. However, this is truly a lesson and hopefully members take a few minutes and read theses feedbacks on our members hopefully more positive feedbacks because that is what makes this forum grow. On a negative note, for those that scam do realize you have burn your britches for future sales or trades.

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manners you should have ask for several pictures, back, front, sides and pictures of all labels on the equipment. That way you had time to back out of the trade. Honestly, I hate when someone pretends and knew, then put the blame on someone else. In this case the LFS. The right thing to do is send back each other the lights. Its not worth it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back