Looking Ahead Financially

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With prices continuing to rise in a already expensive hobby, would it makes sense to buy in bulk on most dry goods/food/supplies that you know you will use in the next year or more that will not expire? Many factors show no relief insight with prices soaring, inflation the worst in decades , companies struggling with logistics/employees/ and profit line, soaring gas prices.
I’m thinking of getting super organized so I can calculate what I use in a week/month to care for my tanks. I probably should already know this but I have always approached this hobby as a hobby. I’ve always tried not to overcomplicate or put unnecessary stress or work to try and get a “perfect tank” (water perimeters/strict water change schedule/dosing)..If there is such a thing as a “perfect tank”... I know I need to get more organized, update my tanks into “Smart tanks” ... But that cost $...Sorry rambling on..
Full circle - To have that money to update I need to save where I can.
-Anyone else buy in Bulk on certain items? If so what items?
-What are other ways you’ve learned to save through the years?
-Where have you seen where you’ve been wasting money?
Tanks!
BD

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I would buy bulk if I had space / $ to shell out would be salt. The only constant that I use and will always be using. I personally mainly do frozen foods, and a variety. A cube or 2 amount daily, 2 out of 3 days. The third day I use pellets and because of this my food lasts quite a long time.

Biggest waste of money is definitely impulse purchases where I want to try something. It might not be "waste" but im left with stuff I never use anymore, and cant really sell for much.

Back