Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking around 240x 115x 150 or 160cm and any opinions on a giant all-in-one system because bit short on space
Your definition of being a "bit short on space" is very different from mine if you are planning an 8' tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow i did not expect so many people to reply but thanks

any thoughts on making your own protein skimmers?
back in the 90s that used to be a thing, but these days used protein skimmers can be picked up relatively cheap, even big ones so you could do a couple

Last night literally gave 2 away, including a Reef Octopus... I know, could have cleaned up and sold but it was just easier to give it to this new person starting out... puts good karma out there in the world for when I need something

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have all the space as for the tank but nothing else as that is all the space i have so i might as well use it
strongly recommend leave space around tank... I regret not leaving enough space for my whole body behind my tank and wall... and I've only got a 180g. My BF wants to put cabinets on either side of our tank, but I continue to fight against that suggestion because I am frequently in there on tank sides, too. He just thinks of the storage which we do need, but the fish and corals need maintenance and not being able to get to all areas is beyond a pain...

deepseabc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at building a 950g tank
It's funny as I was just talking with my LFS guy and there is another reefer in the area that just set up a 1000 gallon tank. I made mention of how awesome that would be and my LFS comments were basically yeah but everything about a tank that size is $$$. Not specific to the initial startup cost, but the maintenance, salt, dosing, etc. He kind os squashed my aspirations to have a tank that size....definitely send photos when you get yours lined up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back