looking for a active fish + reef safe + no aggressive

baslewprime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys.

So I have a yellow wrasse, 2 clowns, a starry blenny, and 1 chromi, is there anything I can add that is more ornate than utilitarian that will get along with the current residents?

Just looking for something that's a little more active.

my firefish jumped out and recently got rid of a royal gramma due to aggressive behavior.

my tank is a 40g

TIA

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "go to" answer for anyone looking for a peaceful, beautiful fish -- Midas Blenny!
I don't have experience with it interacting with a Starry Blenny, though.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she start attack all my other fish.

interesting, that's odd behavior for a gramma. usually people mistake their wide mouth display with aggression, they normally just defend a little cave zone

is your starry blenny aggressive? people report those to be pretty aggressive sometimes. idk how it'd go mixing a midas with a starry, they're different kinds of blennies, but the tank isn't huge so.. eatbreakfast recommended i not add a blenny after i got my midas so i'm always hesitant to recommend blenny combos. people do mix blennies a bit and it seems to work ok so it's hit or miss

flasher or small fairy wrasse are pretty and active

flameback fireball or cherub pygmy angels stay small, but they're fairly aggressive and can nip your corals

chrysiptera damsels are pretty and most and fairly peaceful, but will cause issues if you add more peaceful stuff after them

you could try other dartfish like the zebra or scissortail ones

do you like any cardinalfish?

OP
OP
baslewprime

baslewprime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting, that's odd behavior for a gramma. usually people mistake their wide mouth display with aggression, they normally just defend a little cave zone

is your starry blenny aggressive? people report those to be pretty aggressive sometimes. idk how it'd go mixing a midas with a starry, they're different kinds of blennies, but the tank isn't huge so.. eatbreakfast recommended i not add a blenny after i got my midas so i'm always hesitant to recommend blenny combos. people do mix blennies a bit and it seems to work ok so it's hit or miss

flasher or small fairy wrasse are pretty and active

flameback fireball or cherub pygmy angels stay small, but they're fairly aggressive and can nip your corals

chrysiptera damsels are pretty and most and fairly peaceful, but will cause issues if you add more peaceful stuff after them

you could try other dartfish like the zebra or scissortail ones

do you like any cardinalfish?

Thanks for your response :)

Its not just open her mouth its bite all my other fish.

I love my starry blenny! Mine has been a model citizen with great personality.

Can i put another wrasse in my 40g?

My wife hate fish like firefish and cardinal fish because they tend to remain relatively docile.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another wrasse should be ok, yellow wrasses are pretty peaceful (usually)

i have one with another halichoeres, biocellatus and they're buddies. use an acclimation box when introducing, though

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love my yellow clown goby. Great personality and always out and active

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Firfish goby
Orange anthias

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i believe any flasher except the eightline flasher is ok in a 40

for fairy, this thread and chart are great. the ones in group A are what you want to check out. lubbocks is pretty, cheap, and common. pintails are a bit more and slightly more rare, but really pretty

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...feriority-need-not-apply-1st-revision.322326/

there's also pink streaked wrasse and the wetmorella wrasses, i think they're cooler in smaller tanks, though. my lfs has a possum in a massive tank and even without rockwork it's super hard to find

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all my fish are big could they bully the clown goby?
I am a bit of a noob so I confess I don't know much about the wrasses. But I have a foxface, flame angel, and a couple clowns that are probably 10x his size and he wont take it from them, he pushes them at feeding time as if he was the same size haha

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wetmorella genus wrasse or pink streak wrasse would be cool in there if you get a bigger one (once they get comfortable).

Assessor basslets are quite docile and should be out often, particularly the captive bred yellow assessor.

Captive bred rainford goby would be neat. I think you could do a shrimp goby too and just not get it a shrimp...I've got a yasha (they have swim bladders) and it's out swimming very often.

A hawkfish would be fun, like a longnose, they're always out and swim pretty often. May eat ornamental shrimp (but so will your existing wrasse).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back