R

Radiolotek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1636451383346.jpeg
That helps. So if the joists we're opposite, parallel not perpendicular to that wall on the right, how would you do it? 3 cross supports or 2?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-010757_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-010757_Samsung Notes.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 27

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That helps. So if the joists we're opposite, parallel not perpendicular to that wall on the right, how would you do it? 3 cross supports or 2?
I'm not as qualified to answer the question as @J_Gard88 but personally I would probably sister the joists and then add piers if necessary. Partially depending on how long the joists are. But again I'm not involved in construction in anyway, all of my experience is from rebuilding my own house not doing it as a career.

OP
OP
R

Radiolotek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would be fine with 2, especially with a 220 gallon tank.
Thank you again. I'll have to snap some pictures under there when I get home and I'll tag you if you don't mind.
It's such a pain, especially when I wanted to put the tank in a whole other room with better flooring layout.
lol the missus overrode that one......
Makes figuring out water lines harder too.....

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cross support is really your only support. Sistering the joist would only help if you take them back to a load bearing area such as mid support beam.

OP
OP
R

Radiolotek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not as qualified to answer the question as @J_Gard88 but personally I would probably sister the joists and then add piers if necessary. Partially depending on how long the joists are. But again I'm not involved in construction in anyway, all of my experience is from rebuilding my own house not doing it as a career.
I wish I had more construction knowledge. I can hang rock and do basic stuff but I know absolutely nothing about structural.
Lol wish I could just weld in a support like a roll cage. That I can do...

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you again. I'll have to snap some pictures under there when I get home and I'll tag you if you don't mind.
It's such a pain, especially when I wanted to put the tank in a whole other room with better flooring layout.
Definitely keep me posted Id be happy to be of assistance.

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had more construction knowledge. I can hang rock and do basic stuff but I know absolutely nothing about structural.
Lol wish I could just weld in a support like a roll cage. That I can do...
LOL! just picture a game of janga. You can start seeing where support is most important. The same thing really applies to construction. In my field we like to laugh at the architects because they like to draw things they have never seen in real life lol. Everyone is essential! We all need each other.

OP
OP
R

Radiolotek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! just picture a game of janga. You can start seeing where support is most important. The same thing really applies to construction. In my field we like to laugh at the architects because they like to draw things they have never seen in real life lol. Everyone is essential! We all need each other.
While very true, coming from a background of mechanical and service lines of work, I really do think engineers do some things just to be jerks... lol

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy with a hammer, and a guy with the pencil........... both have there issues with the another. ;)

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get a quote and tell wife she can go shopping with that money and you put the tank in the room you want...or the tank in the room she wants but money goes to supports. Maybe she change mind :)

OP
OP
R

Radiolotek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a quote and tell wife she can go shopping with that money and you put the tank in the room you want...or the tank in the room she wants but money goes to supports. Maybe she change mind :)
I really do wish that would work. She's not the shopping type. lol I'd rather spend the money and have her happy in the house. She does cook my dinners after all.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back