Looking for a float valve for 5G jug cap

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m looking for a float valve that would fit in the screw on cap of a couple 5g F style jugs I’m using for my RODI refills and ATO. I don’t need much very often, so I want to be able to swap the cap from my RODI station and put a full jug under the tank for the ATO. Anything out there?

I could just get something else I suppose, but do like the portability of the jugs.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for a float valve that would fit in the screw on cap of a couple 5g F style jugs I’m using for my RODI refills and ATO. I don’t need much very often, so I want to be able to swap the cap from my RODI station and put a full jug under the tank for the ATO. Anything out there?

I could just get something else I suppose, but do like the portability of the jugs.
Nope...and I think you might have it backwards anyways. If your ato jug is empty, or low, a float valve would only be useful to cut off or engage a supply of water to refill the jug.

I dont see the purpose of a float inside a reservoir as normally the ATO controllers sense low water level and give an audible alarm when low.

OP
OP
ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not backwards. I want to run the RODI to fill the jug first and then move it and swap out the empty on my ATO. Having it in the cap allows me to swap it easily and keep it from overflowing.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one of these. I just place the optical sensor into the jug along with the RODI hose and it turns off when the water hits the sensor. I like the versatility because I can switch between 5G containers for RODI and my 32G Brute when I‘m making saltwater

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not backwards. I want to run the RODI to fill the jug first and then move it and swap out the empty on my ATO. Having it in the cap allows me to swap it easily and keep it from overflowing.

Oh i see. It sounded like you wanted to have a permanant float installed into your reservoir.

I just time the fills myself but that optical sensor would work too just like filling your sump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back