Looking for a frostbite clownfish

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a place to buy some frostbite clownfish I would love an orange/white/blue and a black/white/blue. Does anybody know of an online store or breeder? What about LFS in Phoenix az? I have looked around and found 1 place that sells them but I haven’t received any info for shipping all I got was a “we received you order” email. (Saltwaterfishshop.com)
I tried calling and I get a tortoise world answering machine… I have emailed and gotten nothing back. I have messaged on face book but more of the same.

im about to pull my money and just wondered if you guys knew of reputable sources for this type of clownfish?

thanks!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a place to buy some frostbite clownfish I would love an orange/white/blue and a black/white/blue. Does anybody know of an online store or breeder? What about LFS in Phoenix az? I have looked around and found 1 place that sells them but I haven’t received any info for shipping all I got was a “we received you order” email. (Saltwaterfishshop.com)
I tried calling and I get a tortoise world answering machine… I have emailed and gotten nothing back. I have messaged on face book but more of the same.

im about to pull my money and just wondered if you guys knew of reputable sources for this type of clownfish?

thanks!

Sustainable aquatics has several available with many WYSIWYG. None WYSIWYG is divided by size and grade.

Also It is a well known legit business and you are buying right from the breeding facility. They have a 48 hour guarantee and not just arrive alive.

I wouldn’t mess around with a no name place. Get your money back IMO.

Just click on shop online.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks!
Check out https://cultivatedreef.com/ and see if they have one in stock.

I bought live stock from there and were 100% healthy and of high quality. Like, they not only were healthy, they looked good. Yes including the clownfish.

Don't buy from LiveAquaria. Some people have decent or even great success, others like myself have very bad success with LiveAquaria. You can look through this entire forum to see plenty of bad reviews about LiveAquaria.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some clowns I’ve bred and the mom is a frostbite; plenty that take after mom. She has orange and black dots. The clowns are still pretty young so you see freckles but not color. I’ve never tried shipping before but have a local hobbyist friend who has and could help. Private message me if interested.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little bit of an update. A worker messaged me back today and said they had my fish in QT and they said they are shipping them tomorrow and it’s 1 day shipping that will be here Friday. So I guess I will hold off and just hope it’s all good. They didn’t answer any of the questions about why their phone doesn’t go to them or answer on Facebook.
So I guess I will keep you guys posted on what they are going to do and if they get what I asked for.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultimately from where did you source the frostbite clownfish?
Lol still haven’t received the frostbite clowns… they had an ick outbreak a few weeks ago and haven’t given me an update. I would not use this company… my problem is I don’t have the money Rn to just buy some elsewhere. They sent me the fire fish and fox face(first foxface died then they sent me a replacement). But for whatever reason they haven’t sent me the clowns. I have like 25 messages back and forth with the company and they just keep on going the rounds. Wish they would just refund me for the clowns and I could go somewhere else, but idk lol.

I would try one of the other sites listed above. (Not the one I purchased from) my only issue is no one else has black frostbites and I wanted one black and one orange.
Is it sad I ordered these fish august 7th and here we are today still have no idea if they are even coming…

another idea is see if you can find someone who is breeding them and buy from a smaller dealer. At least that way you will get messages back and a more personal connection when getting your fish!

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol still haven’t received the frostbite clowns… they had an ick outbreak a few weeks ago and haven’t given me an update. I would not use this company… my problem is I don’t have the money Rn to just buy some elsewhere. They sent me the fire fish and fox face(first foxface died then they sent me a replacement). But for whatever reason they haven’t sent me the clowns. I have like 25 messages back and forth with the company and they just keep on going the rounds. Wish they would just refund me for the clowns and I could go somewhere else, but idk lol.

I would try one of the other sites listed above. (Not the one I purchased from) my only issue is no one else has black frostbites and I wanted one black and one orange.
Is it sad I ordered these fish august 7th and here we are today still have no idea if they are even coming…

another idea is see if you can find someone who is breeding them and buy from a smaller dealer. At least that way you will get messages back and a more personal connection when getting your fish!
With whom did you order?

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With whom did you order?
Saltwaterfishshop.com

their number isn’t correct it always goes to voicemail and it’s to tortoise world… they also take forever in getting back to their emails. They are based out of NJ and apparently they QT but didn’t stop my first foxface from being weak and sick. My new one just barely started eating meaty stuff. And I have had him for around2 weeks now.
Just wish they would send me my clownfish!

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwaterfishshop.com

their number isn’t correct it always goes to voicemail and it’s to tortoise world… they also take forever in getting back to their emails. They are based out of NJ and apparently they QT but didn’t stop my first foxface from being weak and sick. My new one just barely started eating meaty stuff. And I have had him for around2 weeks now.
Just wish they would send me my clownfish!
Got it, i hope it works our for you.

OP
OP
agame2021

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, update time again. So the place that allowed me to order the fish and said they were in stock finally told me they have not been able to get there hands on these fish.(black frostbite and frostbite). I have asked for a refund and not for store credit. I also told them they should remove their listing seeing as it’s not fair people have to wait 6+ weeks to be told they haven’t been able to get the fish you want…… kinda retarded in my opinion! All I have received is excuses and been told that they are going they staffing changes and basically haven’t had any more time to look for these fish.
Lesson learned I need to call the store and talk with someone in person before ordering fish! Emailing is not the same! Seeing as they told me they have these fish over email and then 6 weeks later say they do not have these fish and they are not Abel to find them…

I am going to try a few other places going to look into some local stores after I have moved.

outerbank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pair looks very nice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back