Looking for a part mentioned in a previous thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fettsvett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the following thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/max-e260-sump-upgrade.422306/page-2

They mention "vented plugs" I have recently added my own sump below the e-260 DT (along with all required pipework etc.) and I wanted to find some vented plugs so I can retire the two AC pumps for the previous sump rear sump circulation system.

What part is this? Where can I order it from? I think this would reduce un-needed flow through the top baffle, lowering noise as well as fluctuations in water height. I also really want to get away from running those two ac pumps.

For reference, I want to replace these:

IMG_20210214_220801.jpg

IMG_20210214_220813.jpg

With grated plugs so that water can flow through the back sump and into my lower sump from the sides.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fettsvett

fettsvett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. It's a red sea E-260. I guess the replacement doesn't have to be an official part though.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the vented plugs come standard with the E-260 sump kit. You will have to take out the blocked ones and dremel them out. Unless Mr. Chien at Red Sea in Houston can hook you up.

OP
OP
fettsvett

fettsvett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the vented plugs come standard with the E-260 sump kit. You will have to take out the blocked ones and dremel them out. Unless Mr. Chien at Red Sea in Houston can hook you up.
Thanks for the reply Phil.

Do I need to call them to inquire?

Also - do people normally remove the side pumps when they do this? This was part of the goal that I had. Ideally I would move the closed plugs from the bottom to the top, so that flow could move through the rear sump towards the center - though I'm concerned about water just sitting there.

Last edited:

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply Phil.

Do I need to call them to inquire?

Also - do people normally remove the side pumps when they do this? This was part of the goal that I had. Ideally I would move the closed plugs from the bottom to the top, so that flow could move through the rear sump towards the center - though I'm concerned about water just sitting there.
Hi!! Yes just give them a call. I got the Red Sea Sump upgrade kit and the open vents came with it. No you just replace the closed ones with the open. The side circulation pumps stay where they are as they circulate the water being pulled in through the vents.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back