Looking for a Shallow 6ft Tank

Thalasstronaut

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
164
Reaction score
147
Location
New England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically all in the title. My current setup is a 90 gallon and I find myself dreading reaching into my tank because of how tall it is. I’m a tall guy and I still get my shoulder length gloves flooded reaching to the bottom.

This tank was essentially a compromise off of wanting a 6ft tank but only having enough space for a 4fter. Well the tank isn’t where it was originally supposed to be anyway , and I have space for a 6fter now, so I’m window shopping.

I guess ideally I’d have a 6ft by 2ft by somewhere between 16-21 inches. Is there such a tank, or am I stuck going a custom route? Could maybe sacrifice the 24inch width, but I’m pretty said on the 6x2 dynamic.

Any directions I could be pointed in? Thanks in advance.
 
Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of lowboy/frag tanks! They are tanks that are very shallow (usually 12-18 inches) and are specifically designed to hold coral frags for propagation/sale/qt, but some people do use them as DTs. Though I have yet to see one of that length.
 
Innovative Marine makes the SR Pro2 that is 70.9” long x 23.62” wide x 16.14” depth. Quality tanks too!
 
Let me introduce you to the wonderful world of lowboy/frag tanks! They are tanks that are very shallow (usually 12-18 inches) and are specifically designed to hold coral frags for propagation/sale/qt, but some people do use them as DTs. Though I have yet to see one of that length.
That’s what I was hoping for, a 6ft frag tank, haha. Can’t seem to find one bigger than 80gallon, at 48x24
 
Glass Cages has a 127 gallon with 72x24x17 high listed dimensions for about 1250$. You have to figure out shipping or work with a fish store that uses them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new