Looking for a simple controller for a chiller

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the app hooked up. It seems like I can set the 2 plugs for different set temps. But there doesnt seem to be a way to set a time schedule...
Yup, that's what I found with other apps and things as well. Unless you want to go Apex...for 800 bucks (or $500), I can reach under my cabinet once a month. Not like I'm not down there anyway. Plus, I never liked the concept of having a controller, monitor and alarm/notification all in one unit. I don't have that much confidence in anything.

But I do wish there was something Neptune could do for $200-300 that would monitor temp/pH or Orp and send an email/alarm if hit limits I set. No power bar needed (maybe a 2 drop optional), no dosing pumps, just monitoring/alarm.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If looking for ~$300 price range for ph and temp.
Ghl still makes a controller for entry level.

While i do not have the mini. I can say my ghl probes have been great since i installed this summer. also their wifi has not failed to connect on me either.

OP
OP
motortrendz

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, that's what I found with other apps and things as well. Unless you want to go Apex...for 800 bucks (or $500), I can reach under my cabinet once a month. Not like I'm not down there anyway. Plus, I never liked the concept of having a controller, monitor and alarm/notification all in one unit. I don't have that much confidence in anything.

But I do wish there was something Neptune could do for $200-300 that would monitor temp/pH or Orp and send an email/alarm if hit limits I set. No power bar needed (maybe a 2 drop optional), no dosing pumps, just monitoring/alarm.
Gotcha. Thought that's how you were programming night and day temps.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back