Looking for advice about new Banggai Cardinal fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mrj7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mrj7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
62
Reaction score
94
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received two Banggai Cardinal fish by mail today from a reputable fish quarantine service. These are the first two fish in my new 80g system. The tank cycled for about a month and a half and has no ammonia present. When I received the fish they were in the same bag, and one looked great, the other one was breathing very heavy and fast. I acclimated them, and put them both in at the same time. I left them alone and in the dark for about 10 hours.

Now one of them looks great, he is actively swimming around and checking out his new home. The other one is laying on the bottom and breathing slowly. The fish obviously went through a lot of stress to get here. My first thought is just to leave it alone and hope it will pull through tonight.

Does anyone have any tips on how to help this fish come around? Or is hands off, leave it alone the best solution here? I’m sure the company I got it from will replace it if it dies, but I hope it will survive.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8585.MOV
    29.8 MB
  • IMG_8586.MOV
    19.4 MB
I was getting worried last night. The fish just sat upright on the bottom for hours and his colors started fading. However, today all his color came back and he is hovering above the sand. Still not eating much if anything, but he does seem to have improved.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8593.MOV
    29.1 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new