Looking for advice on a couple of different fish

Cartoonfanboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an redsea E-260 and currently have

5 x green chromis (very small at the moment)
2 clowns
diamond goby
small Singapore angel fish (2”)

I was interested in getting 1 or 2 banggai cardinalfish and a green mandarin dragonet

would this be ok or too much? I had wanted a tang but understand they need a bigger tank.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have an redsea E-260 and currently have

5 x green chromis (very small at the moment)
2 clowns
diamond goby
small Singapore angel fish (2”)

I was interested in getting 1 or 2 banggai cardinalfish and a green mandarin dragonet

would this be ok or too much? I had wanted a tang but understand they need a bigger tank.
This is a difficult question to answer. Chromis tend to bully each other - until there are 1 or 2 left... Or - they all die... I will peronally never get another green chromis (I really like them) - unless I got 10-15 so they would not whittle eachotehr down

2 clowns awesome - I would buy a pair in the store - as compared to 2 random clowns.

Diamond goby. All good

singapore angel - also fine - but - small angels are more difficult IME - than larger

A small tang would be IME - fine in your tank.

As to the mandarin. No due to feeding issues. and cardinals - yeah - if you can get a pair

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree with the diamond goby for the same reason as the mandarin. They need 1000s of pods and microfauna in the sandbed. They need a mature tank that’s Atleast 2 years, if not 5 years along with the deep sand bed of Atleast 3 inches. 4/6 is better for the cycle of pod breeding.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back