Looking for advice on my torch

LI_NorthShoreNanoReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a green torch (2 heads). One head is healthy and still fully attached to the skeleton, but the other head got dislodged. The tissue on the loose head still looks full and healthy, not melting or showing brown jelly, but it’s partially torn and still slightly connected to the other head.

I’m trying to figure out the best move:
Should I cut the damaged head off at the skeleton to protect the healthy one, or leave it alone and see if it stabilizes?

If I do remove it, is it even worth trying to save the detached head in a low-flow container, or is survival likely?

Any advice or similar experiences would really help. Thanks!

20260321_194158_3B046751-E374-4043-B0A4-EF494644AB5A.png

20260321_194158_09A2FB31-1B3F-4C29-AA42-986D3E8C12A1.png
 
I would let nature take its course. The loose end will solve its own situation, how that ends is uncertain and I don't see any benefit for trying to resolve it in these situations.

Bump for other thoughts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new