Looking for Aiptasia Eating Peppermint Shrimp

HungryOven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge aiptasia problem in my tank right now, and need something to pacify it a bit. I've heard some types of peppermint shrimp are good at eating aiptasia. Doesone have some for sale or other recommendations? I live near the Glastonbury/East Hartford area.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried Peppermint but they didn't last a day with the Melanurus and were a quick snack. I've also heard of them going rouge once the Aptasia is gone and chowing down on some corals. A Filefish could be another option but like the Peppermint they can start to eat coral too. I added a total of 16 Berghia Nudibranch to the tank and the Aptasia were gone within 3 months.

ctreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two peppermints a couple months ago for my small aptasia issue. Maybe at most 20 aptasia on the smallish size. The first few days nothing happened, but after day four the aptasia started to disappear. Not sure how well they would work on larger aptasia.

Unfortunately its only been about a month since mine were wiped out. Want to make sure they don’t come back or I’d offer them up to you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back