Looking for an external pump for Mixing station

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking for a pump like a jebao that has fittings where you can glue PVC to it as I dont want to use soft line. Anyone have any idea on which pump would work out for a 55g mixing station? Trying to stay a bit budget friendly.

\m/reefsnmetal\m/

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a pump like a jebao that has fittings where you can glue PVC to it as I dont want to use soft line. Anyone have any idea on which pump would work out for a 55g mixing station? Trying to stay a bit budget friendly.

I use these for both of my tanks. I run one external and one internal and they have been running solid for three years with no issues.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any requirements to pump water down a hose to a tank, or up a floor or anything? Any pump can handle just bottom of the barrel to the top. If you need to pump water out and away to change some water, then a bit of head pressure is usually good.

I mix water in drums, but then also need to pump water through up to 75 feet of hose and sometimes up a level, so I got used PanWorld 55 for this. Powerful and cheap. Most DC pumps cannot do what this does, but you might not need it to.

OP
OP
slythy

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like the ability to do that but we are a single level house so I dont need too much head pressure. Was looking at like a jebao 5000/6000

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like the ability to do that but we are a single level house so I dont need too much head pressure. Was looking at like a jebao 5000/6000
Get the DCP 10000 you can never go to big on a mixing station, I use a iwaki 100 which was my old return pump, and I use my Jebao for return because it works so reliably using very little electricity. its a 120 bucks and will do you water changes quickly.

Stay away from little pumps, I hate waiting for pumps doing water changes. There is nothing like 5 minute 100G water changes. Having everything plumbed in with gate valves is awesome

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the DCP 10000 you can never go to big on a mixing station, I use a iwaki 100 which was my old return pump, and I use my Jebao for return because it works so reliably using very little electricity. its a 120 bucks and will do you water changes quickly.

Stay away from little pumps, I hate waiting for pumps doing water changes. There is nothing like 5 minute 100G water changes. Having everything plumbed in with gate valves is awesome
Dcp for the win

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a DCP-10000 from eBay for $111 shipped. I'm returning the DCQ-10000 that I ordered from Amazon because it only came with barbed fittings, ugh!!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back