looking for an id on this crab!

saltyaquatic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this guy on an incoming acro. Safe or pitch?
20140419_180144[1].jpg
 
I would say ditch ! I don't see any markings showing it's a safe acro hosting crab and it's very common for unwanted pests to come in on corals. But that is my judgment please wait for others before you make a decision
 
I don't know either. Its better for pics of its underside, mouth and pincers to make a accurate ID. If you have one, through him in the sump. Does not hurt it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new