Looking for an ID on this one>>>

  • Thread starter Thread starter follow3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

follow3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampton, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

I picked this frag up a couple of months ago and have no idea what it is.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

The picture does it no justice. It is an intense nuke green, kinda like those Candy Cane corals everyone is selling right now. Even brighter under actinic.
It is an encrusting coral and has grown some and is starting to encrust the plug a bit.

Any ideas?
 
Wow!!!

You guys hit the nail on the head. I did a search and looked at some pics and it is definitely Hydno.

It looks most like Hydnophora bonsai.

Thanks for the help guys.

Steve
 
might excessa the other encrusting also, I have a big chunk also about 6x8 and be carful it will sting lots of stuff!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new