Looking for Apex settings for Radions for acclimation

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the settings they use for Lighting with the Radions when you are acclimating fish so the lights are not on full blast they could share?

Ideally, I would like to be able to hit a button or switch and have the light go into acclimation mode for a period of time.

I have the G6 Radions and the MXM.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just adjust the schedule intensity?
That makes no sense. It's not scheduled, its any time I get new fish or corals and a lot of the time I am not home so my wife needs something simple like a switch or button to push so it goes into that mode for a period of time.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes no sense. It's not scheduled, its any time I get new fish or corals and a lot of the time I am not home so my wife needs something simple like a switch or button to push so it goes into that mode for a period of time.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks, I've watched that and that is what prompted me to want these settings. I think I got it figured out and in place of Movie mode I did Acclimation with the When on statement. So now I think My wife can hit the acclimation switch and it turns the blues on for 30 minutes to acclimate new fish.

Other question is I have what you showed for the Red_alert but how would you code this to kick off the red_alert not just a virtual switch? So, if say the main pump was off and you wanted the tank to turn Red to let you know something was wrong, how could I code that to kick off?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't there an acclimation setting when you go into the phone app? Or is that SKY specific? I forget. I know on my app I can open the SKY schedule then select the acclimation and set intensity and days to run.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't there an acclimation setting when you go into the phone app? Or is that SKY specific? I forget. I know on my app I can open the SKY schedule then select the acclimation and set intensity and days to run.
That is used when Adding the lights to a new setup so they are not on full all the time and will not achieve the result I am asking for.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is used when Adding the lights to a new setup so they are not on full all the time and will not achieve the result I am asking for.

It is actually used for coral acclimation and stated as such in the text. I've used it a few times introducing new corals. As it relates to your acclimation with fish maybe not although I would wager it does the same thing. You are adjusting intensity and not spectrum.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is NOT the acclimation I am looking for.
If you run your lights at 30% or 80% you’re not gonna notice with the visible eye.. all you’re doing is tuning in the punch and depth.. tank will still have the same brightness unless you drop them really low like 5% and to the best of my knowledge you gotta do that manually.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you run your lights at 30% or 80% you’re not gonna notice with the visible eye.. all you’re doing is tuning in the punch and depth.. tank will still have the same brightness unless you drop them really low like 5% and to the best of my knowledge you gotta do that manually.
Thanks to @blaxsun as I have already figured out the acclimation lighting part out. Just needing more on how to kick off the Red alert lighting automatically.

I have learned very quickly that most people do not read the details of the posts before responding to them . . . .

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any followers. . .

Set up a virtual switch first. I called mine Acclimation

Then in the vswitch add code:
Set OFF
When On > 030:00 Then OFF

Then set up a profile and select Radions For this I also called the profile Acclimation
I set my blues all to 5%

Then in the Radions Advanced config:
If Output Acclimation = ON Then Acclimation

With this I can hit the Virtual Switch and have my actinics on 5% for 30 minutes while fish float and get acclimated. After the 30 minutes it goes back to my normal schedule.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For any followers. . .

Set up a virtual switch first. I called mine Acclimation

Then in the vswitch add code:
Set OFF
When On > 030:00 Then OFF

Then set up a profile and select Radions For this I also called the profile Acclimation
I set my blues all to 5%

Then in the Radions Advanced config:
If Output Acclimation = ON Then Acclimation

With this I can hit the Virtual Switch and have my actinics on 5% for 30 minutes while fish float and get acclimated. After the 30 minutes it goes back to my normal schedule.
You could probably also set it to run off one of the Feed Mode buttons as well.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have learned very quickly that most people do not read the details of the posts before responding to them . . . .

You are correct. Sometimes we hit reply after keying on a word or phrase. Sometimes it is also how the question is asked or presented. In this case all that is probably needed is:

I would like to be able to hit a button or switch and have the light go into acclimation mode for a period of time.

In my reply I focused on acclimation and thought coral while missing fish. You actually got the correct answer via virtual outlet. With regards to my reply - apologies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 75 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back