Looking for berghias

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed the swap so I was unable to get together with 2far to get some but I have had enough with these aptasia. Does anyone know a good place to get some? Preferably reputable and cheap, lol, I know usually they don't go together.

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure he can handle all of em, and I can't put him in the frag tank. That is where that yellow tang is.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ever decide to part with him Ryan you let me know!!! That was one of the healthiest looking small copperbands I have seen!!! Just the size I would love! IF I would have known that I would have ordered me one up!!!

Eric

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ON a side note Ryan! If you don't find them locally maybe we could work a deal out with 2farnorth! I would be interested in a few as well :D

Eric

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last one that I got from there, the one my yellow got, was awesome looking too. He was 2x the size tho.

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
It seems my Nudis are on a slight standstill,, They must sense the quantity of Aiptasia slowed down, so they stopped breeding.. I'm gradually trying to get a nice breeding rack/tanks setup so I can get them jump started again.

They are beasts when it comes to eating Aiptasia... If I can get a batch out of them soon, I'll let ya'll know!

Just to get an idea of the appetite, I watched a single large fully grown Berghia (over an inch long) totally devour a medium sized Aiptasia (base around 1/2") in less then 5 minutes.... You can imagine how hard it is to keep these things going!!

On a side note, If anyone is willing to part with some Aiptasia, we may be heading down to the Appleton Area next month, we can do some trading if interested!!

Anyways, if your ever over on the Madison Area Reef Society Forums look up 'MM' he usually has some Berghia's. A great guy to deal with! I've gotten some from him in the past...

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be able to set you up 2farnorth! Let me know when your coming through! I have been doing the Kalk injections and thats getting old!!!!

Eric

ken_wied

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested in some of these too. I keep having Peppermint shrimp disappear in my tank and the aptasia is getting out of hand. Its getting old. But I like my green serpent too!!

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had 6 peps disappear as well. I have baby aptasia popping up all over. I could definitely use one of these!

nkelr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
me as well how much are they going for??? my peps just keep literally walking out of my tank. i dont have many nems, but my goal is to have none. if you come down on a saturday, aquatic imports usually has tons of nems in his tanks. im sure he wouldnt mind giving some up. its funny ive never seen anyone asking for apistasia before. pets plus is also a good place to find nems.

OP
OP
NewMelee

NewMelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2far, let me know when you are you are coming through also, I have plenty to share. Have them up the wazoo.

2FarNorth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome guys!!

Ya, I definitely get really odd looks when I ask for Aiptasia, or if I see some in a tank, tell them I want them!!

The phone calls are the best... The last store I called, and I asked if they had any Aiptasia, he almost cut me off saying 'No! Who told you that!'

Like I said, I'd really like to get these going, heck I've even traded Berghia for Aiptasia, just to keep them going.. But they've really slowed down....

I'll have to get started on the new breeding setup soon....

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back