Looking for Clean Cheato/Macro Algaes

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any pest free cheato or other macro algaes locally? Trying to set up a refugium.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a handful of chaeto from Ultimate Aquariums in Daleville for dirt cheap and haven't had issues with pests from the chaeto. I'd willing to part with some chaeto from my tank once I'm ready to prune again but I'm not sure I could guarantee that it's pest free. I can do my best to comb through it and make sure there's nothing visible in it, but that wouldn't guarantee something doesn't make it through. Full disclosure I have had aiptasia in my tank before (came in on the live rock) but no sightings for quite a while (months and months), and I'm currently battling vermetid snails, but I'm pretty sure they can't be transmitted through chaeto since they need a hard structure to grow on.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, not sure if you found what you were looking for, but we ship clean macros directly to your door! :D

OP
OP
andrewey

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, not sure if you found what you were looking for, but we ship clean macros directly to your door! :D
Hey @AlgaeBarn I actually ended up treating and growing out my own clean cheato! Really puts it into perspective the work you all go through and the unique challenges it presents ! Nonetheless, thank you guys/gals so much for the offer!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back