Looking for cut wood decorative panels for stand front.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I finally got around to building a frame for the front of my tank stand:
4AD9325E-E1BF-48D1-B5E0-26995CB48BD7.jpeg
Right now I have a curtain hanging with a tension rod in the stand to hide everything, but I have an idea for the front. Instead of doing doors, I’d like to put in some decorative cut wood panels. I don’t need doors because I used magnets to attach the frame. This is the type of cutout wood I’m looking for, but I would need much smaller panels.

I’m looking for something that will hide the equipment but also allow for enough airflow inside the sump to prevent a lot of humidity. I’m thinking 12x12” or 12x24” panels. I’d also love something intricate like some of the laser cut panels I see for home decoration. But I need something made of wood or pvc, which I’m having trouble finding. Does anyone know where I could find something like this?? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

lrp693

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find 1/8” - 1/4” thick wood panels in those sizes at craft stores like Michales or Hobby Lobby. Depending on what you want cut or etched into the panel, most awards/trophy/sign shops have laser cutter and will charge you a small fee for the time used to do the cuts.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back