Looking for Dry Rock Recommendations

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for some dry rock recommendations i found some dry rock on amazon cheapest imo 40lbs for 40$ cant beat that
https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Ocea...&qid=1540913187&sr=8-1&keywords=dry+base+rock

was looking to start new a new tank that i will be converting my 10g into this 32g but want to run dry rock and dip everything before i put it into the 32g dont want any pests or demons from my current tank. was planning on running the dry rock for 1-2 months in tank with a light on heater and fan with live sand to seed it than match it as close as possible to my 10 and transfer over any ideaS?

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I love the MarcoRock reef saver rock. It's available in different styles including shelf's, and it's very easy to cut and stack. Don't tell anyone but I don't cure this rock, only rise with RODI and place into the tank, I've never had any issues with leaching. The reef rock 2.1 on the other hand needs curing from my experience.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I love the MarcoRock reef saver rock. It's available in different styles including shelf's, and it's very easy to cut and stack. Don't tell anyone but this rock I don't cure this rock, only rise with RODI and place into the tank, I've never had any issues with leaching. The reef rock 2.1 on the other hand needs curing from my experience.
yah im looking to make my own landscape also macros is really expensive

sergebmw2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my personal experience and when i bough that rock from Amazon the pieces that you get are Big. I mean if you have a 32 gallon and you are looking to have some nice pieces in there i would look at a LFS or from anybody thats close to you who is selling some rock to get some nice looking pieces. i picked up some amazing LR from a local reefer for $1.25 a pound with nice looking pieces and coralline algae already on the rock.

that's just my opinion

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with serge . When I order that rock it’s came in three huge pieces. I spent a long time trying to break them down .

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my personal experience and when i bough that rock from Amazon the pieces that you get are Big. I mean if you have a 32 gallon and you are looking to have some nice pieces in there i would look at a LFS or from anybody thats close to you who is selling some rock to get some nice looking pieces. i picked up some amazing LR from a local reefer for $1.25 a pound with nice looking pieces and coralline algae already on the rock.

that's just my opinion
Probably right only reason i don’t want live rock is most likely has hitch hikers and most likely bristleworms and the ones i currently have started to attack my snails

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best dry rock you can get is from reefcleaners imo. Cheap and you don't need to cure it.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not tried any of the other options but the BRS Reef Saver "dry live rock" has been good to me. Nice and porous, good variety of shapes and sizes, and fairly priced. I didnt cook/cure it and didnt experience any phosphate issues but that doesnt mean it isnt possible.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best dry rock you can get is from reefcleaners imo. Cheap and you don't need to cure it.
just saw them good pricing ill be looking at a few local based forums maybe get lucky

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not tried any of the other options but the BRS Reef Saver "dry live rock" has been good to me. Nice and porous, good variety of shapes and sizes, and fairly priced. I didnt cook/cure it and didnt experience any phosphate issues but that doesnt mean it isnt possible.
yah i was looking at those too hard to pick

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious myself given the unavailability of Pukani rock. Does anything available now come close to the porousness and lightweight quality of Pukani?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back