Looking for Fishy's

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, does anybody know where i can buy fish? No, i dont have a local fish store. Everything i order has to be online. But Everywhere i look, they are sold. Can someone steer me in the right direction where they are not sold?

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LiveAquaria, Foxy Saltwater, KP Aquatics, Florida Pets, Sustainable Aquatics

Most online stores are sold out on the weekends. Best to wait til mid week when they restock.

OP
OP
Texas Rick

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you do your own QT process? If so the above are great options. Otherwise I know there is a thread on here for for pre-quarantined fish here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/n...-ruining-the-hobby-for-me.746720/post-7811481
I don’t QT, I only try to find vendors that do QT there fish. But lately I haven’t had any luck with stocked fish. TSM seems like they are always out from what I’m trying to buy. I’ve emailed them and got one respond I’ve emailed them again for availability and haven’t received even a hello back. They just threw me under the rug and moved on. They may be a great supplier but I don’t like them ignoring someone who is trying to buy. Ugh

I will look at the others you have mentioned in that forum. Thank you

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t QT, I only try to find vendors that do QT there fish. But lately I haven’t had any luck with stocked fish. TSM seems like they are always out from what I’m trying to buy. I’ve emailed them and got one respond I’ve emailed them again for availability and haven’t received even a hello back. They just threw me under the rug and moved on. They may be a great supplier but I don’t like them ignoring someone who is trying to buy. Ugh

I will look at the others you have mentioned in that forum. Thank you

that fishotel one is pretty responsive and I think recently upgraded his setup to qt more fish

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AmongTheReef quarantines. So does Marine Collectors.

Keep in mind, that sometimes the Local Fish Store, is only "local" by proximity. I live like...20 minutes from the pet shop that just so happens to sell fish ( :rolleyes: ), but the local fish store for me is an hour away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Rick

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AmongTheReef quarantines. So does Marine Collectors.

Keep in mind, that sometimes the Local Fish Store, is only "local" by proximity. I live like...20 minutes from the pet shop that just so happens to sell fish :)rolleyes:), but the local fish store for me is an hour away.
Local fish store for me are 4 hours away in all directions. 5 in some cases.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooof....that sounds like college (LFS was 2 hours away, AND I didn't have a car so had to rely on friends). There are also specialty fish shops online as well. SeahorseSource and Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy specialize in some sort of fish (I couldn't tell you what).

Oh! And also there's BlueZooAquatics. Nobody ever mentions them for some reason...

Also, it depends on what you're trying to get your hands on. ATR and MC I think do specialty orders. You have to ask them to get you a fish first, which makes sense. It's expensive to maintain fish as a retailer.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wouldn't expect a response back from marine collectors or among the reef unless you want some very high end fish

if you buy the abei angel from amongthereef sounds like they'll bring the fish to your house and acclimate it, so there is that

Back