Looking for Frogspawn or hammer colony

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanie wants her movement in the tank. she saw her cousin's in chicago and said she misses her Xenia. since I have vowed not to put anything that can be considered invasive in the tank (knowingly), I need to find a nice frogspawn or branching hammer. something with several heads. Doesnt have to be anything super special, just something like what we had in our 75. $60 price range ish.

OH, and are Zoas considered Invasive? :tongue:

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice frogspawnI could sell you but I would have to ship it. this is a common coral you should be able to find at your local fish store

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you are looking for more movement, you should go with a Torch or Hammer, Frogspawn doesnt have as much movement, unless you force it, and I dont think it appreciates it as much as the aforementioned corals....Jay (Smyrnareefer) might come off a really large Torch...you'll just have to talk him into it....

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Salty... dont want to deal with shipping them. I dont have an LFS per say. closest one with any thing coral wise is 1.5 hours away... Dowtish. I used to have a Massive Frogspawn in my 75 and it had plenty of movement for her. just a nice bounce is all she needs. Also had a branching hammer too...
SANY1106.jpg

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know he's about as far, but Rhett had a hammer and a frogspawn at his place. Have you talked to him? He's got great stock. And if you're going to the meeting, maybe it can work out to get one then! Just a thought.

Last edited:

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a huge branching hammer that I would be happy to cut some off of for you, down here in Huntsville.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya on the bubbly motion. and nice pic btw! that thing was huge!
Thanks Salty... dont want to deal with shipping them. I dont have an LFS per say. closest one with any thing coral wise is 1.5 hours away... Dowtish. I used to have a Massive Frogspawn in my 75 and it had plenty of movement for her. just a nice bounce is all she needs. Also had a branching hammer too...
SANY1106.jpg

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will let you know how many heads on the torch and frog spawn Wed. I did not make it into the right office today.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OKie dokie! that must be trouble. not making it into the right office.. I only have one..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.5%
Back