Looking for good cooling fans

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for silent cooling fans to add either to my display or sump. I'm running a rimless tank so my criteria is sleek and quiet. Nothing bulky. I also run a Profilux 4 so I have checked out the GHL fans but they are pricey. Let me know what you are running on your tanks.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one looks good and the price is right for sure! I was thinking about adding one to the sump for just keeping moisture out of the stand, and then a second on the tank itself. I'm running Halide/T5 plus two LEDs so moving the air across the tank is probably a good idea. I like that this fan is low cost so easily replaceable.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one looks good and the price is right for sure! I was thinking about adding one to the sump for just keeping moisture out of the stand, and then a second on the tank itself. I'm running Halide/T5 plus two LEDs so moving the air across the tank is probably a good idea. I like that this fan is low cost so easily replaceable.

I used to run t5 and used this on both ends of the tank parallel to the t5, not pointed towards the tank, and it actually did a really good job. Doesn't look too nice though but is dead silent.

https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-ABACO...e=UTF8&qid=1519411408&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+fan

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back