Looking for good cooling fans

choss

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2015
Messages
811
Reaction score
796
Location
Scarsdale New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for silent cooling fans to add either to my display or sump. I'm running a rimless tank so my criteria is sleek and quiet. Nothing bulky. I also run a Profilux 4 so I have checked out the GHL fans but they are pricey. Let me know what you are running on your tanks.
 
That one looks good and the price is right for sure! I was thinking about adding one to the sump for just keeping moisture out of the stand, and then a second on the tank itself. I'm running Halide/T5 plus two LEDs so moving the air across the tank is probably a good idea. I like that this fan is low cost so easily replaceable.
 
That one looks good and the price is right for sure! I was thinking about adding one to the sump for just keeping moisture out of the stand, and then a second on the tank itself. I'm running Halide/T5 plus two LEDs so moving the air across the tank is probably a good idea. I like that this fan is low cost so easily replaceable.

I used to run t5 and used this on both ends of the tank parallel to the t5, not pointed towards the tank, and it actually did a really good job. Doesn't look too nice though but is dead silent.

https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-ABACO...e=UTF8&qid=1519411408&sr=8-6&keywords=usb+fan
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new