Looking for help on butterflyfish disease

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have an idea what this is? It started about 10 days ago with some white patches (not raised spots) on his tail. I put in Herbtana as a non aggressive treatment because I wasn’t sure if it was an issue. Problem briefly went away but now is back with a vengeance and is on all fins and parts of his body. Looks like white patches on his fins and his scales look dullish. Attaching a video hopefully it works - pictures don’t come out well.

thanks in advance!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have an idea what this is? It started about 10 days ago with some white patches (not raised spots) on his tail. I put in Herbtana as a non aggressive treatment because I wasn’t sure if it was an issue. Problem briefly went away but now is back with a vengeance and is on all fins and parts of his body. Looks like white patches on his fins and his scales look dullish. Attaching a video hopefully it works - pictures don’t come out well.

thanks in advance!
Goto FISH HEALTH AND DISEASE section too.

What size tank? Fowlr or Reef? Param swings? other symptoms? Tankmates? new livestock or product?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back