Looking for help verifying algae in new tank

Beef33

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
59
Reaction score
174
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting going after cycling so taking it slow, but over the past week to week and a half the tank has exploded with this algae all over. I am running the lights on low intensity and only for about 6 hours a day. I am asking as if this is Bryopsis I want to address it now before adding more then the few cleanup crew I have so far.

IMG_8647.jpeg
IMG_8649.jpeg
 
Some of it apperas to have the feathery appearance of bryopsis. Could be a mix of hair and bryopsis but I think bryopsis.
 
That’s what I was thinking as it has the fern look and that’s what everything I have read says to look for.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new