Looking for honest feedback on my first tentative scape

danielankeny

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2022
Messages
148
Reaction score
194
Location
Sudbury, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’m looking for feedback on my tentative scape. It’s a 48x24x16inch shallow tank. 76g. Will be mixed reef, more soft and LPS than SPS I suspect. Will have 2 xf330 gyre on opposing ends. The cardboard matches the tank dimensions. Trouble getting the movie to work
D0F17270-9954-444D-9608-B8C14D7C5E98.jpeg

B0527A29-C23A-4362-811B-A283102B8E88.jpeg
D0F17270-9954-444D-9608-B8C14D7C5E98.jpeg

9E6C7D9C-6E78-4F88-97FF-02499EEF207B.jpeg
 
Looks nice. How much rock is that? Just wanted to get a gauge for my upcoming tank
 
Upvote 0
Looks good!

I would try and see how it'll look if you move the left arc slightly into the right arc, I think it'll give you an interesting structure and a some space for a mid size rock on the right instead of the smaller one on the right.
I know you might want some open space left I think you'll still have enough, worth to try and see how it looks.
 
Upvote 0
Off to a good start. I personally would combine a few of the structures to give you more variance in height and less scattered small islands. Other than that, looking good.
 
Upvote 0
I love it! You real did a great job of adding depth to it. So many aquascapes are very two dimensional. I like the tank dimensions too.
 
Upvote 0
I like it!!

just put some power heads at the back of the tank to make sure you get some flow back there.
 
Upvote 0
I like it. Probably is the angel of the photo, and all the structures look the same hight. You probably want to play with different hights-
 
Upvote 0
Looks good!

I would try and see how it'll look if you move the left arc slightly into the right arc, I think it'll give you an interesting structure and a some space for a mid size rock on the right instead of the smaller one on the right.
I know you might want some open space left I think you'll still have enough, worth to try and see how it looks.
I will give it a shot! Thank tou
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new