Looking for Opinion on LFS Acro

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by a store lately to see they have a bunch of acro frags. After talking to them they seem to have all came from a colony of a local. I probably would have went ahead and bought at least a frag but I have a few questions. All of them are encrusting with some more than others (they were fragged once they got to the store). HOWEVER every single one looks like they are nearly completely brown. On many there is some green flesh and purple tips. Could this be because of lighting or high phosphates? Some tanks they have are running hydras and others are pretty weak fluval sea lights. I'm essentially looking for someone to push me to get a frag or not. They are only $20/$15-20% depending on how large a frag I want. I might be able to get a couple for a good deal since their crowd can barely take care of zoanthids. Should I expect to see them color up once they get into my system?

OP
OP
dbjonesjr

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many reasons for brown outs, It you have the patience to color it up then I don't see why not just get one if your even considering it.. could be a real nice piece..
Thanks I figured that’s dirt cheap to not give it a try.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll pick one up on my way home from work. Hopefully will post a picture and get some kind of an opinion!

Good luck. Hopefully there's some decent color for you. You never know...

OP
OP
dbjonesjr

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts? Can take a better photo later with DSLR.

20D3F67E-D915-4F95-9B10-19036F9CBD54.jpeg

OP
OP
dbjonesjr

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great for $20. MY LFS has lot worst then that for alot more.

Lol thanks! Ended up being $10 after discount and looks better just under different lights. Definitely worth it and hoping to see it color up more. Even the way it looked is the best looking coral I’ve seen in their tanks in months....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back