Looking for parts

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I am looking for two parts, I was wondering if you guys could provide me with some direction.

1. During a tank move I lost the back magnet to the sensor/ float switch to my Tunze 3155 osmolator. I tried using the magnet to an extra glass scraper I had but the attraction wasnt long enough to hold the sensors suspended on in the back of my tank (Waterbox 20 cube). I have contacted Tunze but have not yet heard back. Any alternatives I could purchase?

2. The other part I am looking for is something to hold my Ranco temperature sensor in place. It is sort of a goose neck wire but I would like something to clamp it down. I currently have it wedged under another wire. I know this one will take a little creativity.

Thanks!

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to do a quick search on Amazon for neodymium magnets… there are many to choose from, different sizes and shapes. I’ve used them before for several different applications and they have done well… Currently using them to hold a surface skimmer for my turtle tank. You can also search for gun magnets if you want something rubberized. They are interchangeable with other magnets and work well together.
For your wire problem, you might want to check this out…
I use them to hold my temp probe and wires.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to do a quick search on Amazon for neodymium magnets… there are many to choose from, different sizes and shapes. I’ve used them before for several different applications and they have done well… Currently using them to hold a surface skimmer for my turtle tank. You can also search for gun magnets if you want something rubberized. They are interchangeable with other magnets and work well together.
For your wire problem, you might want to check this out…
I use them to hold my temp probe and wires.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply! I am going to purchase those magclips. I would like to purchase the neodymium magnets as well. There are many options. Any idea what size I would need?

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnets are very strong and can be used together for thicker glass. I used these ones
to hold the surface skimmer and they hold quite well.
I also use this one on the outside of the glass (the rubber is priceless!)
and it works great.
I'd avoid the ones that are less than 1/8 in (5mm) thick. Tried those and they are too fragile/brittle. If they get close to each other and you don't realize it, BANG and you get a bunch of tiny magnet pieces flying everywhere (take it from me!)
Oh, and I keep an extra pack of the magclips in my cabinet at all times... never know when you need it.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnets are very strong and can be used together for thicker glass. I used these ones
to hold the surface skimmer and they hold quite well.
I also use this one on the outside of the glass (the rubber is priceless!)
and it works great.
I'd avoid the ones that are less than 1/8 in (5mm) thick. Tried those and they are too fragile/brittle. If they get close to each other and you don't realize it, BANG and you get a bunch of tiny magnet pieces flying everywhere (take it from me!)
Oh, and I keep an extra pack of the magclips in my cabinet at all times... never know when you need it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back