• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for peacock mantis shrimp

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been sifting through hundreds of pages for online suppliers. Nobody has had peacock mantis shrimp in stock for over a month. Ive talked to fish stores local and half way across the country. They all tell me they’ll notify me when in stock. And I’ve actually specifically ordered one from one store. It’s been 4 weeks now and they still haven’t managed to get a hold of one. Does anyone have one for sale or know of a vendor with peacock mantis shrimp in stock that would be willing to ship?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see this? Not too far from Delaware

OP
OP
Perpetual Novice

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see this? Not too far from Delaware

At least that’s something. I don’t live very near a city like NYC with a large Asian market but I’d honestly be willing to make the trek (roughly 3 hrs) to the city. I’ve even seen live mantis shrimp meant for food on sale on alibaba but when I contacted the vendor I learned they didn’t have any peacock mantis shrimp. I think I know what they have available at those kind of markets and it’s not what I’m looking for unfortunately. It has to be a peacock. And they aren’t sold as food as far as I’m aware.

Still thanks a ton for notifying me of that thread. I’ll investigate it further to confirm whether it’s possible to find peacock mantis shrimp being sold as food. I had largely written that off. But this reopens the case.

Saltyfresh1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try aquaticfantasy in redondo beach ca , they don’t have it on the website but I remember seeing one last time I was there , a good 3-4 inches , sure you could search for them and call ... good luck and hope that helps ! I searched for one for months til I found a lfs that had one ... lived a good life and just recently passed during a tough molt ... but mine was huge !

7400B061-774D-40CA-B7E7-1F869AF53A57.jpeg

OP
OP
Perpetual Novice

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone who posted advice! I followed all of your leads with no luck. But then I got a PM from a generous reefer who offered to purchase and ship one from their LFS on my behalf.

So I guess case closed!

I have a friend who just finished cycling a tank for a mantis shrimp and is looking for one as well. So if anyone reads this and still has any leads I will still appreciate it.

OP
OP
Perpetual Novice

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately, the mantis shrimp did not survive the journey. I still need one desperately.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up finding your shrimp?

I found one here:

Last edited:

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.5%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 99 49.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back