Looking for Reef Friends in NYC

BrettEdwardStout

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
E Harlem
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up in E Harlem, have a 29g mixed reef. Looking to get to know more reefkeepers in the city.
 
Manhattanreef.com is usually busy with everyone from LI, nyc, Westchester also.
 
I'm in Washington Heights, I know Manhattan reefs is pretty hopping with folks in the city, but I feel like most folks are out in bk/qns if anything. Can't wait until we're out of the apocalypse and the swaps/club meetings start up again.
 
Hey! I’ll be moving to NYC in a few months and want to get back into the hobby.

Gonna be living in Manhattan, do you guys think a 40-60gal tank is too big if I have the space?

Any other tips or things I should know before getting heavily invested into planning this out?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new