Looking for some circulation pumps

bh750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, looking for some additional circulation pumps for my 220g tank (72" long, 24" wide, "30" high). Right now have two tunze 6080's (I think) and flow from return pump.

I'd like to get more flow on my sandbed. Nothing fancy, just reliable. I love the Sicce pump I used for my skimmer. And of course love Tunze. I do have a Neptune Apex so while dont need speed control would be nice to use the Apex to turn them off every hour or hours.

Looking at placing them at either end of the tank to blow across the sand.

Any recommendations?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the flow pattern your looking for; a pair of maxspect gyre 350’s would be incredible. They aren’t insanely expensive and they come with a controller.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Systems makes the WAV powerheads which would integrate nicely into your Apex system. The Vortech's are also rock solid and also controllable via a WXM Module in Apex.

OP
OP
B

bh750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions Hemmdog and Darth. I don’t have experience with either.

I should’ve clarified (thanks Matt) that ideally I’d like to keep my 6080s and supplement with addition flow, at the bottom of my tank on the sandbed. Was thinking I’d have to place the additional powerheads at the ends of my tank, beneath the 6080s. I may experiment with a cheaper Powerhead I have sitting around.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back