Looking for Squamosa Clams in Canada

Seven Year Nap

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2024
Messages
47
Reaction score
53
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an IM 50 Lagoon being set up as a mixed reef and was hoping to be able to put a clam in it.

Preferably I'd like something on the sand, so was looking at Derasa and Squamosa. My understanding was that Derasa would get too big, and I think a clam around 12-14" would fit comfortably where I have a spot.

Will Squamosa realistically get to max size (18" from what I read?) in a home aquarium within the next 5-10 years? If so, I may need to rethink this decision.

Lastly, I can't seem to find a source for Squamosa in Canada that will ship. If anyone knows of shops that will do this, It would be great to hear about them. I can find Derasa and Maxima, but no luck over the past few months for Squamosa.

Thanks!
 
I've got an IM 50 Lagoon being set up as a mixed reef and was hoping to be able to put a clam in it.

Preferably I'd like something on the sand, so was looking at Derasa and Squamosa. My understanding was that Derasa would get too big, and I think a clam around 12-14" would fit comfortably where I have a spot.

Will Squamosa realistically get to max size (18" from what I read?) in a home aquarium within the next 5-10 years? If so, I may need to rethink this decision.

Lastly, I can't seem to find a source for Squamosa in Canada that will ship. If anyone knows of shops that will do this, It would be great to hear about them. I can find Derasa and Maxima, but no luck over the past few months for Squamosa.

Thanks!
Fragbox may have clams from time to time, might be worth getting in touch with them.
 
When I googled it I found a couple shops in Ontario that have them in stock and ship.
 
This doesn’t directly answer your question, but I’ve kept croceas on small rocks on the sand. They’re the smallest giant clam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new