Looking for tips or advice on how to improve

b.clark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for advice, opinions, thoughts, and or tips on my tank looks. I think I may be getting full on corals once they all grow out. However, I always seem to find a spot or two for something else I see. Does it look to crowded? Should I let it start to grow out and fill in? Any other advice one could give on improving.

018F6B1F-4E03-428F-ACFA-07227521C9C2.jpeg E9B139B1-3A91-4705-B9E6-54E8EEF0DEC6.jpeg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. My advice is just get ahead of things if something starts taking up too much room unless that is what you want. Pruning/removing before it becomes a big problem is always easuer. The palys on the right side of the left island for example look nice...but also look like something that could dominate the entire top of the rock in relatively short period of time. Not that it is a bad thing if that is what you want.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow down, give all those frags a chance to grow for a year or so and find out if they are happy as is or perhaps happier in a different spot. Let time tell you, focus on growing those little guys out before adding more.

They may surprise you and take up more room and grow faster than you might believe. :)

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard when you think you're full and then your local fish store releases some amazing coral or that coral you have wanted but hasn't been in for a very long time.. key is to try and not look at their pages/website or facebook lol easier said than done though.

OP
OP
B

b.clark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice. My advice is just get ahead of things if something starts taking up too much room unless that is what you want. Pruning/removing before it becomes a big problem is always easuer. The palys on the right side of the left island for example look nice...but also look like something that could dominate the entire top of the rock in relatively short period of time. Not that it is a bad thing if that is what you want.
How would you prune back the paly/zoas

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back