Looking for ways to hide sump under stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spkarim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Spkarim

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
97
Reaction score
53
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I bought a black steel stand with an open bottom before I thought I would use a sump.

now that I have a sump, I am thinking of covering the area.

do you have any ideas that would be easy and look good? Wife will get on my case if it looks too homemade.

I am not very handy and I am scared of using power saws.

I was thinking of some kind of panelling with magnets.

any ideas would be appreciated.

8D50DB9E-2F52-4B6A-8D55-C5E5635D1A47.jpeg
 
Can't say if it's available in your area, but corrugated polyethylene sheets are a very easy DIY material. I can get them in 120cm x 60cm sizes here. You'd want a single sheet to be big enough to cover your sump.

1583392970652.png


Some are rigid and some are not. You'll want to get the more rigid type.

You can cut it with a box cutter type knife:

1583393089711.png



There are also sheets similar to the above made from polycarbonate. Stronger and more $$ than polyethylene.

You could also use smokey acrylic. You can get that at a glass shop and ask them to cut it for you.
 
Can't say if it's available in your area, but corrugated polyethylene sheets are a very easy DIY material. I can get them in 120cm x 60cm sizes here. You'd want a single sheet to be big enough to cover your sump.

1583392970652.png


Some are rigid and some are not. You'll want to get the more rigid type.

You can cut it with a box cutter type knife:

1583393089711.png



There are also sheets similar to the above made from polycarbonate. Stronger and more $$ than polyethylene.

You could also use smokey acrylic. You can get that at a glass shop and ask them to cut it for you.
Thanks for ideas
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new