OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, so i was reading rev's comments over on RC, and the comments of his helpers...and i got some thinking to do...

with the canon 100mm macro, things need to be pretty close to the glass in order to get a good shot without cropping it sounds like. my cube tank at home, is 24" deep...and theres alot of stuff in the back i would like to be able to get macro pics of.

i would obviously need to get some of those extendors...but was wondering how much quality i would lose in the picture, and how much "zoom" i would get from these extendors....i.e. is it really worth it?

shoot, by the time i get the cannon 100mm + the extension set...thats putting it at the price range of the Sigma 150mm.

so i guess what i'm asking, with a tank as deep as mine...should i just go for the Sigma 150mm macro?

is this it?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...422&is=USA&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

also, i would like to replace my piece of crap kit lens that came with my cannon XTi. it actually came with a tiny *knick* on the inner most lens, but i didnt feel like going through the hassel of getting it exchanged etc...b/c i was going to the georgia aquarium in a week after i got the camera...and didnt want to be camera-less. that, and after testing it out the knick didnt seem to mess up the pictures any.

i would like something that can take good pictures of people standing 10feet away, as well as "sight seeing" type of pictures. just every day normal stuff like if you were on vacation. and of course other things like: if i visited an aquarium, or took regular pics of a friends tank or tank at a LFS, pictures of people and panoramic scenes if i went skiing etc.

would the Sigma 50-150mm work well? or is there a cheaper alternative as i'm not going for as much "high quality" with an all purpose lens that is going to get some wear and tear on it.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...438&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah, another purpose for the "all purpose lens" is my girlfriends college graduation coming up in 2 weeks...

does BH ship pretty fast as long as everything is in stock? like, if i placed an order before monday morning, would it get to me by the end of the week?

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gary Parr and Ahuxman58 both use extension tubes with their macros. They swear by them so I would use one if it was me. Check some of the Photography threads at UF to see their shots. They are both real pros.

There is also this link for pics...
http://www.aquatic-photography.com/forum/

This place has some awesome pics of fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back