Looking to buy designer clowns in CA, recommendations?

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've been looking at my local fish stores in an attempt to find some designer clowns. Specifically MochaVinchi Grade B or Davinchi Clowns Grade B. For some reason, I like the B's more than the A's and the Extreme's, but no one carries them. Are there any reputable sources to purchase live fish online? I tried Live Aquariua and Saltwater fish, and they have what I want, however it's just a generic picture of them and they say "You wont get exactly what you see".

Now, I know there are some WYSIWYG and i feel like this is my only shot at finding the clown's that I want. Anyone have any other reputable WYSIWYG, or reputable sources where I can find these guys? Thanks !

upload_2019-5-6_12-59-8.png

upload_2019-5-6_12-59-25.png

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I've been looking at my local fish stores in an attempt to find some designer clowns. Specifically MochaVinchi Grade B or Davinchi Clowns Grade B. For some reason, I like the B's more than the A's and the Extreme's, but no one carries them. Are there any reputable sources to purchase live fish online? I tried Live Aquariua and Saltwater fish, and they have what I want, however it's just a generic picture of them and they say "You wont get exactly what you see".

Now, I know there are some WYSIWYG and i feel like this is my only shot at finding the clown's that I want. Anyone have any other reputable WYSIWYG, or reputable sources where I can find these guys? Thanks !

upload_2019-5-6_12-59-8.png

upload_2019-5-6_12-59-25.png

Fishy Business Aquatics has some Grade B DaVinci clowns available right now. There's no WYSIWYG photos available, and you're unlikely to find any when your request is so specific that it is down to the quality grade (i.e. Grade B). However Fishy Business has a great reputation and if you like Grade B I'd bet that whatever you get sent will be up to expectations. Of even the higher end/larger LFS I've frequented in California, with a request that specific, you're unlikely to find exactly what you're looking for or much of an option if they do have what you're looking for unless you specifically go to a clownfish breeder which is wholesale and I don't know any of them open to the public. If I was in your position I'd just order from Fishy Business and call it a day. Here's the link to the DaVinci's. Hope this is helpful!

https://fishybusinessaquatics.com/fish/clowns/ocellaris-clown-davinci-amphiprion-ocellaris/

OP
OP
C

Calpoly2103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input ! I will check it out. I'm not trying to be too specific. Just want some Davinci Clowns and i like the B pattern more than A or Extreme.

Also, I reside in CA, but i dont have to purchase themf rom CA vendor, just wanted to make that clear. I just noticed that some ship from east coast, so i figured maybe there's something near this side of the country.

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input ! I will check it out. I'm not trying to be too specific. Just want some Davinci Clowns and i like the B pattern more than A or Extreme.

Also, I reside in CA, but i dont have to purchase themf rom CA vendor, just wanted to make that clear. I just noticed that some ship from east coast, so i figured maybe there's something near this side of the country.

I gotcha. I think your best bet would be ordering from Fishy Business since the B Grade is currently available and most vendors don’t even give you the option of selecting grade. I wouldn’t worry too much about what part of the country it’s coming from, the fish have already typically traveled at least once for a much longer period before you even order them from an online vendor. The few extra hour ship time from another state won’t be what makes or breaks your fish, and all reputable vendors have livestock guarantees so you’re protected. Good luck!

myinvalidname

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this post is a bit old, but Fish Frenzy in Temecula is a fairly large breeder of DaVinci clowns. They have grade A and B. At any given time they have 100s in the back of the store.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to RAP this weekend next to Disneyland, you should be able to find a bunch.I have a Davinchi w/dot.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back