Looking to get an ID on this LPS

TankCandy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2020
Messages
737
Reaction score
1,265
Location
Limerick, PA
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
I am looking to get an ID on this LPS piece I have had for 2+ years. Just cut it a month ago. I am not looking for a name just what species it falls under. It's not like any Favia i have had before is why i ask.

Thanks!

PXL_20230110_184655658.jpg


PXL_20230110_184700296.jpg
 
I’m not an expert, but my first impression is some type of lobophyllia
 
Corallites look too small and texture doesn’t look right for Lobophyllia. Maybe Dipsastraea?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new