Looking to increase tank water volume. Need ideas.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishinwall
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishinwall

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
848
Reaction score
86
Location
Erie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks.
I currently have a 65gal display with a 30gal sump (1/2 full) and I’m thinking of ways to increase the overall water volume of my system.

I do not have a basement, however I do have a 4 ft crawl space under my house.

I’ve been thinking about the possibility of putting a large completely enclosed container of some sort in my crawl space. I live in PA so I’m going to need to heat it and certainly have a return pump.

What ideas do you have for the container itself? It would need to be collapsible or perhaps build from pond liners or something since access to the crawl space is small.

I do have an Apex so I could set up controls to monitor pump, heater, levels. Thanks
 
I'm plumbing in a 40b as a frag tank to my 75g display tank, just a idea 4 ya!
20180401_141615.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new