• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking to off load some tangs.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states I'm looking to off load some tangs, a Hippo, Purple, and Tomini. All are in the 3.5" range, fat and happy. I never started them on Nori. They will eat any food offered in the tank, pellets, rods, mysis. They are excellent grazers and keep my rock work spotless. (Have a a80 centered in tank specifically to grow algae for them) I do not QT at all, these have been in my tank for 8 months now, started as quarter sized. Hippo will prefer a cave or crevice to sleep in at night, other 2 hang out under ledges at night.

As I am giving these away, so if you don't have any content or build with tank pictures on here, don't be offended if I say no.

I also have a large salty light foot ( very well mannered) and a Large Harlequin that will kill any and every star fish in your tank, if your having starfish issues.

Post up if interested, I'm in the saint clair shores area, might take me a day or 2 to get them all wrangled up.

wadesims2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states I'm looking to off load some tangs, a Hippo, Purple, and Tomini. All are in the 3.5" range, fat and happy. I never started them on Nori. They will eat any food offered in the tank, pellets, rods, mysis. They are excellent grazers and keep my rock work spotless. (Have a a80 centered in tank specifically to grow algae for them) I do not QT at all, these have been in my tank for 8 months now, started as quarter sized. Hippo will prefer a cave or crevice to sleep in at night, other 2 hang out under ledges at night.

As I am giving these away, so if you don't have any content or build with tank pictures on here, don't be offended if I say no.

I also have a large salty light foot ( very well mannered) and a Large Harlequin that will kill any and every star fish in your tank, if your having starfish issues.

Post up if interested, I'm in the saint clair shores area, might take me a day or 2 to get them all wrangled up.
Would love to have them I’m in Alabama will you ship

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Im in Wi and have 660g tank and these guys would love the run of 10' swimming span.
I believe SpeeDee delivery covers most of Michigan (speeDee.com) if you want to check or give me your zip and I can check. I will pay all fees for overnight ship and pickup right at your door and also paypal you a little something in appreciation. My Zip Is 53081 ( Sheboygan, WI )

660g 8.1a.jpg

Last edited:

KJones90s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why you getting rid of them?

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45 with 110lbs of rock work. So I will be taking out some rocks to catch them. Hence why I only want to do it once. Lol.

level16gazebo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww, c'mon, all you gotta do is spend a couple grand and get a bigger tank...

Hope you find a nice home. I've got a six foot tank that's basically empty right now, but I'm in New York! Oh well...

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Another thought- If you are near the ferry to Milwaukee or Manitowoc from Ludington, I can pay for your ride and meet you at WI side.

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww, c'mon, all you gotta do is spend a couple grand and get a bigger tank...

Hope you find a nice home. I've got a six foot tank that's basically empty right now, but I'm in New York! Oh well...
I wish I could have a big tank. One day maybe a 400 in the basement, but the encroaches on my theater. So I'm banished to small tank land, 6,14,45, and a pair of 40's I need to hook up. Plus side is they run out of 1 sump.

My house is only 30' x 30' with a full basement and a little loft thing for my rc hobbies upstairs. Don't have a lot of room, but it does let me spend my extra money on my hobbies. One of the benefits of being single and having a only dog child.

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thought- If you are near the ferry to Milwaukee or Manitowoc from Ludington, I can pay for your ride and meet you at WI side.
Actually our new boat is getting delivered this spring in WI. So I will be in the area to bring her back. Might bring you a gift!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Actually our new boat is getting delivered this spring in WI. So I will be in the area to bring her back. Might bring you a gift!
Same here - my 3 show tanks will blow your mind and plenty to send you home with also

OP
OP
Jay Z

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here - my 3 show tanks will blow your mind and plenty to send you home with also
Awesome! might make a day of that. Think I'll be there for 2-3 days going over the new boat function/fit and finish before we can bring it back.

That ferry have enough clearance for a vet to get on it?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Awesome! might make a day of that. Think I'll be there for 2-3 days going over the new boat function/fit and finish before we can bring it back.

That ferry have enough clearance for a vet to get on it?
Vette sold a few weeks ago. Just didnt use it enough due to heavy work scheduling

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.7%
Back