looking to supliment my t5s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diamond1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2013
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
1,914
Location
Cleveland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24" t5 quad light over my 10 gallon tank with 2 10k and 2 actinics. I'm looking for something to add shimmer to the tank. I was thinking about a dimable 12" to 20" led strip. I want to keep my t5s as the main light source and I am going to upgrade the bulbs to 2 ati blue plus and 2 coral plus bulbs this month. So should I get blue leds or something like a 12k to 14k strips.

Any thoughts or experiences would be great thanks.
 
The blue leds would add the pop you're looking for. You could start and end the day cycle with just the leds to make everything glow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new